POSITION: Programming and Training Coordinator
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: February 10, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2015
POSITION: Programming and Training Coordinator
Peace Corps Cambodia is seeking a permanent Programming and Training Coordinator for our office in Phnom Penh to support the work of American Volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps is a US government agency that sends Volunteers to assist in development. Click here to learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia.
The Programming and Training Coordinator works with the Program Managers and training staff to provide technical support to the Education and Health Programs in Cambodia as well as provide support to Trainees, Volunteers (PCVs) and staff. During Pre-Service Training (PST), and throughout the training continuum, the P&T Coordinator will join the training team and act as the technical coordinator to support the technical aspect of training. The Programming and Training Coordinator serves as the post expert on monitoring, reporting and evaluation of program activities and has primary responsibility for overseeing the collection and effective use of data to enhance and support programming and training activities. The Programming and Training Coordinator will also actively contribute to the overall direction of the Peace Corps program in Cambodia and help to ensure the safety and security of Trainees and Volunteers.
The P&T Coordinator is supervised by and reports to the Director of Programming and Training.
- University degree, in a relevant field
- Native English speaker, U.S. Citizen strongly preferred; sound knowledge of U.S. cultural practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the Cambodian context; knowledge of Cambodian cultural practices
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation plan development
- Experience with data collection methods and tools (i.e. surveys, interviews, observations, tracking); experience developing, implementing and analyzing baseline data
- Good written and spoken Khmer will be a significant advantage
- Prior Peace Corps experience will be an advantage
- Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure is essential
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Courteous, attentive, and able to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback
- Experience providing on the job training and mentorship
- Experience with training design and strong training facilitation skills
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, and be willing to travel throughout Cambodia and internationally as required
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Act as a resource for information on project design and development and link Volunteers to valuable in-country information and contacts. Assist PMs in supervising PCVs in project development and all types of grant application proposal development;
Prepare all possible printed media and other media to support a better understanding of Peace Corps Cambodia and its primary and secondary projects. Manage the work of the PR Committee (which consists of PCVs and staff) with respect to the development of program-related content;
Assist the PMs in providing assistance to Volunteers regarding work issues and personal needs. Offer continued information and guidance on cross-cultural matters;
Oversee and manage the Small Grants Program.
Collaborate with PMs and Training Manager (TM) in structuring, designing, and planning a comprehensive technical training strategy for trainees and Volunteers for their complete cycle of service;
Act as the technical coordinator during the 3-month Pre-Service Training (PST) period, in providing the design, execution and delivery of technical training;
Act as a support and resource person for technical training staff and TM throughout PST and ISTs and assist them in planning, designing, and implementing training sessions as well serving as a link for resource Volunteers and other outside trainers;
Train PCVs and staff in use of the Volunteer Reporting Tool and use of all MRE tools and methods.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Develop sound easy to use data collection tools and oversees their implementation in the field;
Ensure the quality of post data collection; works with staff to complete all relevant status reports;
Work with all stakeholders to conduct surveys, data collection, analysis and evaluation and revision of project frameworks;
Lead the development of post’s performance goals for the Integrated Planning & Budgeting System strategic planning process. Track post's annual IPBS Performance Goals;
Serve as the main point of contact for all relevant MRE materials currently available from the agency;
Participate in on-line MRE trainings as necessary and available.
How to Apply
Submit in English a resume and cover letter describing how you meet the required qualifications. Applications that fail to address the required qualifications will not be considered.
Include the title P&T Coordinator in your cover letter.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office - #7A, Street 256
Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For a full Statement of Work request one at email@example.com
For questions or a complete job description, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on closing date.