POSTION: Food Security Coordinator
POSTION: Food Security Coordinator
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: Friday, April 11, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, April 30, 2014
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming and Training (DPT)
COORDINATES WITH: Programming and Training (P&T) Staff, Language and Cross Cultural Coordinator (LCCC)
The PC Cambodia Food Security Coordinator (FSC) will assist the Programming and Training team in the design, planning, logistics, administration, and evaluation of all food security related activities for Peace Corps Cambodia. The FSC will plan, research, manage and evaluate all PC Cambodia’s food security activities and assist in providing technical and administrative support to Peace Corps Volunteers and staff.
This is a full-time contracted position based on a 40-hour work week that requires work both within the Peace Corps office in Phnom Penh as well as extended travel to training and Volunteers sites.
Training Planning and Facilitation
Develops a realistic and creative training strategy and Calendar of Training Events (COTE) for Peace Corps Cambodia’s Food Security initiative. Ensures that each training event has a clear and appropriate training design. Facilities all food security related training.
Serves as a liaison between USAID Cambodia’s Feed the Future Initiative staff and implementing partners and Peace Corps staff and Volunteers. Provides technical support to Volunteers as needed in planning, organizing and implementing food security activities at their sites. Assists Volunteers with technical questions and provides advice regarding project development, implementation and monitoring & evaluation (M&E). In cooperation with programming staff, visits Volunteers in the field to directly observe the results of training and obtain input for future programs.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Trains Volunteers and their counterparts to incorporate M&E into their project design, ensuring they understand and use data tracking tools. Coordinates with staff, partners and Volunteers to produce process documents to guide implementation, monitoring and ensure accountability.
Coordinates data collection activities and ensures that all participating Volunteers report their activities.
- University degree in international development, health, agriculture, natural resources or a relevant area.
- 4 years progressively responsible experience, including experience in training, development of content, and planning long term training components.
- Ability to train in both English and Khmer languages.
- Knowledge of current actors, theories, and overall technical context of food security programming in Cambodia.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
* Knowledge of Cambodia cultural practices;
* Knowledge of U.S. American cultural attributes;
* Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure is essential;
* Courteous, attentive, and able to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback;
* Collaborative and works well in teams
* Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States Embassy;
How to Apply
- Submit in English a CV and cover letter describing how you meet the Required and any Desired Qualifications.
- Include the title Food Security Coordinator in your cover letter.
- Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office - #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
- For questions or a complete job description, please contact Peace Corps Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on closing date.