Nonimmigrant Visas (NIV)
Visitors to the United States require nonimmigrant visas. Before applying, you should know which type of visa that suits your purpose of travel.
Please visit this website for information on how to apply for nonimmigrant visas.
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa interview, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the visa application form DS-160 online and print out a confirmation page that have a barcode
- Visit Fee Payment Options to print a personalized bank deposit slip
- Take the deposit slip to any ACLEDA Bank Plc., to pay the non-refundable visa application fee. Detailed information on U.S. visa application fee can be found here.
- Schedule a visa interview appointment here or by phone through the Call Center at 095-975-848.
Emergency appointments are granted on a very limited basis for medical, students, and humanitarian emergencies.
For instructions on making an emergency request, please view here.
Visa Appointment Wait Time
Find wait times for visa processing and appointments here.
Bring the following documents on the day of your appointment:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
- Printed copy of DS-160 confirmation page (the barcode page).
- Appointment confirmation letter.
- One new photo which was taken within the last six months.
- H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of form I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents.
- F and M students should bring the original and signed form I-20 and SEVIS fee payment receipt.
- J exchange visitors should bring the original and signed form DS-2019 and SEVIS fee payment receipt.
- Other supporting documents relevant to your visa application.