Economic Affairs Office
Services for U.S. Companies
U.S. Embassy Commercial Services in Phnom Penh in cooperation with Department of Commerce - Commercial Services in the region including Thailand - help you customize your business needs in local markets. We offer the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking and commercial diplomacy that help you connect with lucrative business opportunities. We will also help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your business goals and objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our commercial specialists will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Contact our U.S. Commercial Specialists in Cambodia for details.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
Determine import licensing needs for shipping your products.
Understand and comply with national product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
Determine your product’s HS numbers.
Get assistance with customs-related issues.
Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or Cambodia bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling before problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Cambodia.
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate information—at no cost—from country and industry market news update (new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects) written by our in-country commercial specialists.
Customized Market Research
- Discover factors which influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our commercial specialist working in Cambodia.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Get the latest quarterly and annual trade data by country, commodity, and year.
- Find industry-specific trade data and analysis.
- Obtain country-specific tariff and trade agreement information.
- Identify potential Cambodian partners.
- Market your firm directly to Cambodian companies.
- Identify Cambodian potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your products or services in Cambodia.
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened Cambodian buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Leverage customized venues to reach potential Cambodia partners and buyers.
- List your company in our official online directory of U.S. exporters and service providers; an affordable and convenient way to connect with customers in Cambodia and grow your business.
- Feature your company on our Cambodia-language buyer-directed web site.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders. Meet with Cambodian agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Oversea Event: Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- In-country Event:
. Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at Cambodia international trade fairs.
. Let us distribute your marketing literature at Cambodia international trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Cambodian market.
Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Cambodian government to protect U.S. business interests.
Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your Cambodian government procurement bids.
Business Conference Room: U.S. companies that need to host seminars, press conferences, or meetings to promote the company and products or services often need a cost effective way to rent facility space. We help locate and identify suitable conference space with convenient price at the best location in town.
Ms. Margaret E. Hsiang
Mr. Yuk Sothirith
Ms. Chann Sokros
Commercial Counselor, U.S. Commercial Services
Mr. Greg M. Wong
United States Commercial Service
U.S. Embassy Bangkok, GPF Witthayu Tower A, Suite 302,
93/1 Wireless Rd., Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Regional IP Attaché
Mr. Peter N. Fowler
U.S. Patent and Trademark office, U.S. Embassy Bangkok
GPF Witthayu Tower A, Suite 302,
93/1 Wireless Rd., Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: (662) 205-5913
Fax: (662) 255-2915